• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel OBD II Flashing now available.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Just got a new file from Kory after he and the Engineer worked on the issue. He has tested it and says it is a soft tune for the truck.
More to come.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
You are the brave one.
Not sure what you mean by that.
Tune is pretty good. Let the truck warm up to normal temps before any hard accelerations. Don't know if the EGR is off as I saw the soot sensor increase. I'll ask him. Saw boost get up to 26psi. Got a little bit of wheel spin from a standing start with the shift into 2nd.
More to come.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
sounds nice. Every time I think about standing on the skinny pedal I remember those suspect main bearings and decide not to!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not sure what you mean by that.
Tune is pretty good. Let the truck warm up to normal temps before any hard accelerations. Don't know if the EGR is off as I saw the soot sensor increase. I'll ask him. Saw boost get up to 26psi. Got a little bit of wheel spin from a standing start with the shift into 2nd.
More to come.
a little to much timing and there goes the motor I would want to get payed for RD

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
a little to much timing and there goes the motor I would want to get payed for RD
You run that same risk with any custom tune though.
To make sure we are comparing apples to apples, the tune is not what we are testing but the process after the latest software update.
The tune is the same as their bench tune.
Hope this helps.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Firstsage you voided that warranty when you modified the trucks OP, weather or NOT FCA or carrier decides to honor the agreement is open. Its called pay to play.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
There are risks in anything we do.
This is a whole other debate that belongs in it's own thread. This thread is about being able to flash from a handheld device vs sending it in.
I am sure there is already a thread about that subject.
Yes I opened the door a bit by talking about the warranty but only in relation to spinning a main barring.
Let's get back on track. 😊

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I wonder if this is part of what that shop in northern UT is replacing to 'bullet proof' the motor...
I dont think so. Cory Fritz (youtube and facebook) is rebuilding his engine. He is using 1800 dollar Waglar rods. He says there is no other source for the main bearings. He is saying that if the 2020 model has new bearings he will use those.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I dont think so. Cory Fritz (youtube and facebook) is rebuilding his engine. He is using 1800 dollar Waglar rods. He says there is no other source for the main bearings. He is saying that if the 2020 model has new bearings he will use those.
Its sounding like the 2020 model is going to use a different motor. We'll have to wait for the aftermarket to create a better option.
Watched his vids and he has convinced me that I am going to change the intake out. I was going back and forth on it, but the sludge he showed in there with 'minimal' miles before he turned EGR off, mine is going to be caked in the stuff....

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Its sounding like the 2020 model is going to use a different motor. We'll have to wait for the aftermarket to create a better option.
Watched his vids and he has convinced me that I am going to change the intake out. I was going back and forth on it, but the sludge he showed in there with 'minimal' miles before he turned EGR off, mine is going to be caked in the stuff....
I don't know about the motor. I hope it is the same with better internals. Once you turn off the EGR you are good to change or clean, up to you. I think you will be really happy.

Ccaseys

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
None of the new files panned out. The modded file he sent was just a small change to test the flashing process. Something with the other updates the truck does not like. Good news is I can flash back to stock very easily.
He and the hardware manufacture are reviewing the logs. More to come.

Ccaseys

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
I recently bought the same from ppei because of erg cooler failure at 90k. What is the blue wire for when getting stock reading? First forum I’ve been a part of

Ccaseys

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
I recently bought the same from ppei because of erg cooler failure at 90k. What is the blue wire for when getting stock reading? First forum I’ve been a part of
I’m in the process of deleting my truck right now