• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel OBD II Flashing now available.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Assuming 30+ for emissions and 60+ is for deletions?
No, you can have the deletes done with the 30hp tune. If you need to do emissions, I would do one of two things. Leave the equipment in place, or pull it off and then put it back on when you do emissions and just flash back to stock until you have done the testing. This is 'easier' for the DEF than the EGR, MHO.
I don't have emissions testing here, so I am not worried about that. I'll pull off the DEF system and keep it in the garage just in case.
Next phase is the EGR delete with the Banks intake.

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
No, you can have the deletes done with the 30hp tune. If you need to do emissions, I would do one of two things. Leave the equipment in place, or pull it off and then put it back on when you do emissions and just flash back to stock until you have done the testing. This is 'easier' for the DEF than the EGR, MHO.
I don't have emissions testing here, so I am not worried about that. I'll pull off the DEF system and keep it in the garage just in case.
Next phase is the EGR delete with the Banks intake.

I don't have emissions testing in my county as well but Im concerned with my factory warranty. I dont mind reflashing to stock but Id rather not put the equipment back on.

I'm trying to see how much tuning I can get away with on stock emissions equipment. Is the 30+ safe to run?

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I don't have emissions testing in my county as well but Im concerned with my factory warranty. I dont mind reflashing to stock but Id rather not put the equipment back on.

I'm trying to see how much tuning I can get away with on stock emissions equipment. Is the 30+ safe to run?
I can't think of a reason why not. Maybe others can chime in on their thoughts.
I think the main thing I would be concerned about are the EGTs since the exhaust is restrictive. When I was running around last night, I opened it up pretty good and the EGTs didn't climb up very high, maybe 1100ish.
I think I am going to stop taking the truck to the dealer for warranty work and take it to a shop I trust. Where they use their brain and know that an oil temp sensor has nothing to do with my delete or tune.

Ccaseys

Apr 29, 2019
Truck Year
I have everything deleted and just tuned it. So far it’s great but I also haven’t installed the switch. Might do that tomorrow if I feel like I know how to on my own

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
I have everything deleted and just tuned it. So far it’s great but I also haven’t installed the switch. Might do that tomorrow if I feel like I know how to on my own
I am going to look for existing holes in the FW to run the wiring. Hoping its goes in easy.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
my obd switch pluged into the obd plug then u ran the wires to your switch

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
my obd switch pluged into the obd plug then u ran the wires to your switch
The instructions I saw called for using wire taps to connect to two wires near the ECM. Those connected to a position switch that would be in the cab. I don't have it with me right now, but I can take a pic when I get home.
Kory said this is the final file until I do other engine mods. On day two. I'll see how my fuel economy goes.

BrianW

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
The instructions I saw called for using wire taps to connect to two wires near the ECM. Those connected to a position switch that would be in the cab. I don't have it with me right now, but I can take a pic when I get home.
Kory said this is the final file until I do other engine mods. On day two. I'll see how my fuel economy goes.
Did Kory say they were going to start shipping the flash tuner out again? I want to get my truck done already lol. its already all paid for.

BrianW

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
He didn't tell me. Have you tried calling them?
my guy down here that will be doing my truck just told me no one will be able to get ahold of Kory til tuesday he is at UCC - ultimate callout challenge

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
my guy down here that will be doing my truck just told me no one will be able to get ahold of Kory til tuesday he is at UCC - ultimate callout challenge
But there are other people at the shop that would know if they are shipping.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Does anyone here have the DST install instructions? I can't seem to find mine now that I'm ready to do that...

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Hopefully these issues get worked out. I'm about 30 minutes from PPEI, wonder if I could go get a flasher in person haha.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Hopefully these issues get worked out. I'm about 30 minutes from PPEI, wonder if I could go get a flasher in person haha.
Mine looks to be pretty much resolved. Flash is working great. Getting the exahst done yesterday took longer than expected, so I wouldn't have done the DST switch anyway. That nut on the clamp for the down pipe was a pain in the butt to get loose. No room to get your hand in there and the bolt was facing toward the engine block.... So.... its was a pain. That was really the only thing that was 'difficult'. Otherwise it was fairly simple.
I'll snap some other pics of it installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20190505_162512.jpg
    IMG_20190505_162512.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 18

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Mine looks to be pretty much resolved. Flash is working great. Getting the exahst done yesterday took longer than expected, so I wouldn't have done the DST switch anyway. That nut on the clamp for the down pipe was a pain in the butt to get loose. No room to get your hand in there and the bolt was facing toward the engine block.... So.... its was a pain. That was really the only thing that was 'difficult'. Otherwise it was fairly simple.
I'll snap some other pics of it installed.

Id have a shop do the delete for me but I'd like to get tuning done then keep the tune mild until the dpf/scr is removed.

Firstsage

Nov 19, 2018
Truck Year
Additional pic of the exhaust install. Let me know if you want others.

Flash is still working well. No codes, good power and MPGs. Still just driving round town, so the total avg is sitting around 20. All I have been doing is picking up my kids from school which is only about a mile away, so not a good real MPG test.
I have a 1k round trip coming up this weekend, so I'll have a better idea. As part of that trip, I'll be trying to get the DST switch installed as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190507_083201.jpg
    IMG_20190507_083201.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 19

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Adaptive strategies don't confirm well to power changes, IMO your better off setting it at honor power level and upgrading your foot for power and mileage.