• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Looks to me like they're taking you for a run around keep pushing it back and back and back

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Looks to me like they're taking you for a run around keep pushing it back and back and back

Osteoblast

Apr 8, 2017
Truck Year
This guy is a troll or is extremely dumb. I'm not responding to your emotional diatribes anymore. I'm passing along factual information to the people who actually care. BoostN can I block this morons posts his rants are only disruptive and add nothing to this topic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Emotional diatribes? I'm pretty emotional about the fact that my engine blew at 50k and my truck is now devalued as a result of that being on Carfax....I've owned 50 vehicles in my lifetime and never had an engine go!

Criticizing Todd as a troll/moron/dumb? This guy has forgotten more than you will ever know about diesel engines and took time out of his personal life to advise me on my disaster...Great guy and a HUGE resource on this debacle.

Attachments

• IMG_8447_1487972055176.jpg
    IMG_8447_1487972055176.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
1ST ,I was correct again of FCA fake news, Bad Public relations and Customers service does not indicate bad Product in most cases.

With Bosch admitting they sold Fait/FCA defeat software means the I didn't know or we didn't do it, ( Why buy something your not going to use). The VM 3.0 is done in N/A only a fool would buy 1 , the QC issues failed motors ,and now the DOJ investigation is a dark cloud over the ED. That being said Rumor has it new Engine is coming.

I would wait to see what develops.

Misleading marketing and Fake news is popular BC many are buying it, the ED is no different, So use discretion when buying.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
I just post d this in another one of our forums. It is a link to a you tube video of a performance check group out of Colorado. They were given an eco diesel and took it in for testing. Take a look at video and see what you guys think. It was published in January of this year.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That test is for soot only, Now put 300 Miles Mixed driving keep it off the rollers place it into Aggressive Regen 2800 RPMs for 12-20 minutes , I promise it fails until the DPF reaches 1000+*, Last Monday I place My ED in this Mode ( WITECH MIC II ), you could see the soot until the DPF reached 1325* , I than placed a paper towel over 1 of the tail pipes it was black in seconds. I should have made a Video. next time I will.... My ED Active Regens every 150-200 miles of mixed driving, My D-Max 200-300 or Cummins 300-600 miles+ in same conditions. All Dodge Cummins 13-15 are now being Upgraded to New SCRs (complete) 2016 + are OE equip with New system. If it was possible to fit the 3.0 VM with any system to pass FCA would have already done it...Sure if FCA lowers the power level to 180HP it would pass, but who wants a 180HP truck. You could buy it and add the HP but many don't want this for warranty and other preferences.

All that test confirmed is the DPF was doing its job under the conditions the test was done, Change the conditions and the results will change also.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Again read forum title. Its not about your blown motor or how strongly you have feelings for this Todd guy. This is about any news on the EPA holding up production of this truck. True I have pleasantly forgotten about that guy.

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
That test is for soot only, Now put 300 Miles Mixed driving keep it off the rollers place it into Aggressive Regen 2800 RPMs for 12-20 minutes , I promise it fails until the DPF reaches 1000+*, Last Monday I place My ED in this Mode ( WITECH MIC II ), you could see the soot until the DPF reached 1325* , I than placed a paper towel over 1 of the tail pipes it was black in seconds. I should have made a Video. next time I will.... My ED Active Regens every 150-200 miles of mixed driving, My D-Max 200-300 or Cummins 300-600 miles+ in same conditions. All Dodge Cummins 13-15 are now being Upgraded to New SCRs (complete) 2016 + are OE equip with New system. If it was possible to fit the 3.0 VM with any system to pass FCA would have already done it...Sure if FCA lowers the power level to 180HP it would pass, but who wants a 180HP truck. You could buy it and add the HP but many don't want this for warranty and other preferences.

All that test confirmed is the DPF was doing its job under the conditions the test was done, Change the conditions and the results will change also.

I agree about the re gen. I would like to see the effects while the engine is undergoing this. Your right they only tested for one thing in this video, but it's just info to be added. Someone else told me it's about a 2016. Well that's ok. First a 2016 is what's available to be tested. Second the issues go back further than just the 2017 model. I believe I remember seeing a thread on here from two maybe three years ago about concerns the EPA had about the eco diesels.
If you get the chance TC do that video, or take it to a inspection spot and have it checked if your in an area that does that? I'm in Kentucky and we don't have inspections or I would. Not sure if you are or not. See what the test shows.
So far all I've seen is that this is not a engine issue anyways it's a paper work one. Where the manufacturers left out a step in how it gets to what it's doing. If this is all it is the EPA needs to let it go get the paper work verify it and let everyone know this is what's going on.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed

This is my feeling at this point. Honestly, I am starting to question the information I have been given even more than my initial doubts. I made a promise to myself that my next truck would be significantly more fuel efficient than my previous trucks. Now, I am stuck with under-powered gas V6s or roughly the same efficiency as my previous. Maybe I will have to go with something temp until 2018 models are released.......

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
You know Ford will meet emissions with their 3.0L powerstroke in the F150.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
You know Ford will meet emissions with their 3.0L powerstroke in the F150.
Yep. That's part of my thinking. I typically don't care for ford but the efficiency is my major deciding factor at this point.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My next diesel will be a 7.3 power stroke.

Because they are cheaper? Good motors, but so much louder and the truck itself is nothing compared to newer modern diesels.

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Said goodbye to my Ecodiesel. Loved the truck for a daily driver and had very little problems with it. Spooked by all the news going around and made me feel like I should not spend anything on it like for new tires, etc until I knew what was going to happen with all this. Got tired of waiting, worked an acceptable deal on a 2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins. I would like to have seen the Ecodiesel make a great mark in the 1500 category. Who knows. Just got tired of waiting.

Attachments

• 20170328_134240.jpg
    20170328_134240.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 17

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Said goodbye to my Ecodiesel. Loved the truck for a daily driver and had very little problems with it. Spooked by all the news going around and made me feel like I should not spend anything on it like for new tires, etc until I knew what was going to happen with all this. Got tired of waiting, worked an acceptable deal on a 2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7 Cummins. I would like to have seen the Ecodiesel make a great mark in the 1500 category. Who knows. Just got tired of waiting.

Good looking truck! Hope it treats you well! Be sure to stick around, we always welcome the *former* owners. :D

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Nice new truck. Not sure I get dumping the 1500 because of EPA issues tho. I still haven't been convinced there's a losing deal for the consumer in this BS....

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Nice new truck. Not sure I get dumping the 1500 because of EPA issues tho. I still haven't been convinced there's a losing deal for the consumer in this BS....

There were more issues not related to the Ecodiesel that made the change but part of those issues involved spending a good chunk of money on the truck. I just didn't feel confident spending a couple thousand on it not knowing what will happen and I just choose not to wait and see. The fact that this has not yet been resolved as a reflash with unknown consequences makes me think it is bigger than that. Maybe not the right choice for everyone but it was for me.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Nothing New here...Time not on FCA side ...the longer it takes to resolve the more its gonna cost FCA.