• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My adventure with SofaKingTuned

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks! I’m still trying to get a tank full of fuel through it without pulling a trailer but I can’t seem to 😂

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!!

ITS HERE!!!!!

image.jpg

ALL MY PASSENGERS AND VEHICLE ARE SAFE!!!!!

THANK GOD THEY FOUND THE ANSWER FOR THIS LIFE ENDANGERING FLAW!!!

image.jpg
🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
What a joke fca.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I will continue to mention this, Its NOT the American Part of FCA that's the Problem, It Fiat's love affair with VM Motori in Cento Italy.

I have little to NO sympathy for US Citizens that Buy over sea's product(s) and continue to Blame Auburn Hills MI.

I see Your Point Temper, I have No problem with the One finger gesture to Fiat/VM. I know its hard to separate North America Group form Fiat, but its just not Justice passing the Blame on to Auburn Hills, when it should be place on Fiat/VM.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
I will continue to mention this, Its NOT the American Part of FCA that's the Problem, It Fiat's love affair with VM Motori in Cento Italy.

I have little to NO sympathy for US Citizens that Buy over sea's product(s) and continue to Blame Auburn Hills MI.

I see Your Point Temper, I have No problem with the One finger gesture to Fiat/VM. I know its hard to separate North America Group form Fiat, but its just not Justice passing the Blame on to Auburn Hills, when it should be place on Fiat/VM.
Alrite so I am a little confused, you are saying it’s a VM Motori ossie with the Ecodiesel? Everything I have read/been told/ or seen is problems with the b.s. emissions crap that is required by the states? How is VM responsible for emissions issues on their motor that basically has zero flaws outside of that? I have read the issues with the spun crank bearings but that can also be related back to contaminated oil. Just looking for a little clarification on your response.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year

And I believe in Tremper126 post he is referring to how the “great” people at FCA have came out with a safety recall for the tailgate latch but not the EGR cooler that is literally setting trucks on fire......

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year

It might help your views if you would actually read what people post, instead of going off on a bunny trail of your own!
Who isn't able to see that FCA looks like a joke sending out URGENT RECALLS for a dinky tailgate, while we continue to need to drive around a potential fireball with no available repair?
Last I checked hauling passengers in the box isn't allowed anyway, so how does it affect passenger and vehicle safety if it falls open?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year

I couldn’t agree more.

I suppose I should have added the back story. My local stealership calls me monthly after multiple requests from me to NOT call until they have a fix for all the recalls. Yet the persistent calls and aggravating spam mail regarding the tailgate recall continue. Furthermore they feel the need to say it’s “to protect your passengers and vehicle.” But I haven’t heard a word about the fireball machine they have no fix for. Which I should state I have already taken the appropriate measures to ensure the egr will not fail.

my dad delivered parts for mopar for years and all I will own is mopar except for my 86 square body and my motorcycle. I have no hatred towards fca just the dealers and piss poor egr addition to my motor.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The entire Power plant was designed long before Fiat Purchased VM VIA Join Venture,that includes the EGR.
The Power plant 3.0 was for Euro's Caddy's (GM) 3200 LBS Car or equivalent.

Penske , Detroit / GM sold their Ownership to Fiat, NOT North America Auto group. Looking Back Obviously had valid reasons in doing so.

North America Auto does NOT control VM Cento Italy. Fiat Does. I have 1200 Page's of inner communications of VM, Ram. Fiat. Much is stated about the short comings of the 3.0 Way Back to 2013.

I could go and On, Pcatoe , I will help out Here, Right NOW I have a Legal Battle with The Court Here in Sherburne County its consuming much of My Time, I will post some of the Statements as My time allows, NOW that the Settlement is in. Look Back at History I was Years ahead of anyone About the 3.0VM, I even post the exact Monthly engines failures Months before it was Known.

If I did NOT care about Fellows humans I could just go about matters letting Buyer's just be another victim of the VM 3.0.

I have been demanding VM/Fiat take responsibility for the 3.0 quagmire its now in and they have did little to nothing except lair there Butt's off.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I just don't go around sticking My stick in Dog Crap stirring it up to stink worse WITHOUT cause.

I purchase My 2015 in good faith even against My better Judgement. Conduct Years of tests and found the 3.0VM Wanting, the Rest of the Truck was awesome , Trans, Powertrain, interior , comfort and Ride.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

I’ve completely given up attempting to get an accurate mpg reading. So with that being said I farted around on the way home ragging on her and ended up with 0-60 in almost 8 seconds!
C726CE66-FD96-4584-B927-BD75768439F0.png

A guy at work has a 2014 or newer civic si and I was a second off of his time. For 3 times the weight, turning 35” tires and it being a truck I’m truly impressed.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hey Temp, Civic SI, Curb GVW wet, 3006Lbs, 1.5 Eng, MT and half the cost.
8.24 Still impressive.

Ram Eco CC/SB GVW Wet 6023Llbs

Matt13

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
I got my touch screens in the mail finally. Doing a stage 2 delete with it. On SKT website it shows a video where they download stock files and then turn right around and erase it and download the tune. When I emailed sofaking he made it sound like I am supposed to email him the stock file and he will email me back the tune. I emailed them to confirm but haven’t heard back yet. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to swap the muffler right after the tune.

Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Depends on what you ordered. He has a plug and play option but if you didn't get that, yes you have to email him the stock tune. If you got the transmission tune it's the same, email him stock tune.
Side note, grab all the patience you can find before you start. But it's worth it

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I got my touch screens in the mail finally. Doing a stage 2 delete with it. On SKT website it shows a video where they download stock files and then turn right around and erase it and download the tune. When I emailed sofaking he made it sound like I am supposed to email him the stock file and he will email me back the tune. I emailed them to confirm but haven’t heard back yet. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to swap the muffler right after the tune.
If I recall correctly you download the software, upload your screen stock file and email it to them and they email your file back. You download the attachment yo your desktop, and use their program to add it to your tuner

Matt13

Feb 10, 2020
Truck Year
I purchased this option

Attachments

• 0A6BDB82-078B-4C1F-9178-B57ACC0F66C7.png
    0A6BDB82-078B-4C1F-9178-B57ACC0F66C7.png
    535.4 KB · Views: 23
Mar 30, 2019
Truck Year
Yep all you have to do is follow the video for the engine tune. Pretty much plug and play but you will have to copy the stock trans tune and send it to them. They have a good step by step for that as well, pretty simple

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
UPDATE.

I’m at 3500 miles tuned. As I towed my bosses 8900 pound skid steer 30 minutes to my house I closely monitored my egt and with my egr diffuser tube missing I noticed something I think is well worth noting.

When I pulled my buddies ranger, tuned but with egr tube in tact in January, my egts seemed to stay in the upper 1200-1500 range and that was driving with sence and a light foot.

As I pulled the skid steer in similar temps, with my tube missing, I don’t think I broke over 1200. If I did it wasn’t enough of a blip to notice.

I like seeing lower egts and i feel as my cool down is faster after too. I’m glad I invested into my investment and I hope my post is continuing to help others make the investment also no matter what tune, as long as the cancer machine can be dealt with it’s worth every penny!!! CEED7838-323E-4F3F-9D1E-B5AD745C33E8.jpeg

John

Nov 13, 2015
Good to know your experience. I would have expected the opposite results without the EGR due to higher combustion temps. Maybe driving sideways helped. :giggle: